Senior Software Engineer-Kotlin (m/f/d)
Germany must achieve its climate targets. To do so, the turnaround in the heating sector must succeed. That's exactly what we're working on as Germany's largest heating installer.
Half start-up, half craft business, we have set a clear purpose for ourselves:
Together for climate neutral living.
Every family and every home can become climate-neutral. The key is to switch completely to green heating. Because heat is the biggest lever for saving millions of tons of CO₂ every year.
As the market leader with strong investors, we are ready for this unique task. With the strength of over 700 employees today, the experience of more than 30,000 installations, and the knowledge gained from nine years of development work, we are leading our country to climate-neutral living. House by house. 16 million times in Germany alone. For all of us.
Become part of our journey now!
What we offer
- Our work has a direct impact on the German energy market. Get actively involved in the energy transition and CO2 reduction
- Tech team is the backbone of the company as we are building our own solutions maintaining high code quality with 90% test coverage.
- Freedom to choose a language of your choice. Please have a look at our current stack at https://stackshare.io/thermondo/thermondo & we are not restricted to only this.
- Annual Educational/Conference Budget for training. Professional development opportunities and steep growth curve
- Device of your choice
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work in your home/mobile office up to 3 days a week
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 30 days of PTO annually
- Strong team culture with regular team events and off-sites
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to internationals
- Great working atmosphere in the spacious loft office with a rooftop right in Berlin Mitte
Our Python-based backend is the backbone of our Germany-wide operation and key to the digitization of the energy business. It’s an enterprise-grade application that connects our own services to third-party platforms like Salesforce. The codebase is written in Python 3 and our entire stack is up to date. Our main data store is PostgreSQL. Our business is constantly growing and changing. This has prompted us to build some of our backend services in kotlin(ktor). New feature requests or requirement changes may emerge every day. As a result, we build software that is highly maintainable to satisfy those needs.
- Your job will be to work in small teams on independent projects alongside your non-technical colleagues.
- You will analyze our business needs and implement solutions while maintaining a high-quality standard and developing at startup speed.
- You will have the freedom to use any tools and resources to achieve your goals.
- You can find out more about our software engineering team at: https://thermondo.github.io/
- You have 5+ years of experience developing web applications with Kotlin & Ktor
- You are comfortable building user-centered features and communicating directly with the users
- You have working experience in designing and developing high-performance, scalable services (based on microservices architecture) & knowledgeable in professional software engineering best practices, clean architecture, coding standards and documentation
- You know design patterns & understand principles of Object Oriented Design (and can apply them)
- You have hands-on experience with automated tests & CI/CD platforms & experience building mobile REST-APIs
- You understand the difference between programming paradigms: Functional, Procedural, Object-oriented
- You are involved in Mentoring, Knowledge transfers & take initiative and view leadership in terms of serving a team rather than controlling it (servant leadership approach)
Nice to have• You are experienced with multiple web technologies/frameworks
• You have experience with Heroku & Salesforce
If this is exactly the challenge you're looking for? We look forward to getting to know you!
Gute Gründe für thermondo
Das ist genau die Herausforderung, nach der Du suchst? Wir freuen uns darauf, Dich kennenzulernen!