Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
We're looking for
We are looking for our next Engineering Manager for our tech team in Berlin. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, managing, and developing a group of talented software engineers currently working with technologies such as microservices, Python, Kotlin, Cloud Platform but not restricted to only these.
You will be both a technical leader and a people manager. Coaching and training your team members and building an amazing engineering organization at Thermondo.
thermondo combines traditional craftsmanship with digital technology - helping homeowners to quickly and easily find a new, modern and efficient heating system. We are about 700 employees, including over 400 technicians visiting 6,500 homes per month. Who should tackle the challenge of making housing climate neutral, if not us? There are hardly any companies of comparable size in the German trade sector, and certainly not in heating engineering. Become part of our team and advance the energy revolution with us!
You can find out more about our software engineering team at: https://thermondo.github.io/
What we offer
- Our work has a direct impact on the German energy market. Get actively involved in the energy transition and CO2 reduction
- The tech team is the backbone of the company as we are building our own solutions maintaining high code quality with 90% test coverage.
- Freedom to choose a language of your choice. Please have a look at our current stack at https://stackshare.io/thermondo/thermondo & we are not restricted to only this.
- Annual Educational/Conference Budget for trainings. Professional development opportunities and steep growth curve
- Device of your choice
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work in your home/mobile office up to 3 days a week
- Flexible vacation and public holiday policy where you can take up to 30 days of PTO annually
- Strong team culture with regular team events and off-sites
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to internationals
- Great working atmosphere in the spacious loft office with a rooftop right in Berlin Mitte
• Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical vision and architectural direction to create highly scalable solutions
• Hiring, Managing & developing talented engineers ensuring they deliver high quality, timely work and that they are happy, motivated, and growing
• Tracking the performance of the teams & setting up the career ladder for the engineers
• Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
• Keep your team productive and motivated by removing roadblocks and applying a servant leadership approach.
• You have a degree in computer science & related fields.
• You have 5+ years of overall software development experience
• You have 2+ years of leadership experience managing a team(s) of software engineers
• You have ideally worked with backend and frontend and know-how both work
• You have experience managing and delivering impactful projects
• You have a solid knowledge of software engineering best practices & agile principles
• You are fluent in English
Thermondo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Thermondo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If this is exactly the challenge you're looking for? We look forward to getting to know you!
Gute Gründe für Thermondo
Das ist genau die Herausforderung, nach der Du suchst? Wir freuen uns darauf, Dich kennenzulernen!