Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) Python/Django
Thermondo was founded in 2012 to advance the energy revolution with innovative heating solutions. More than 23,000 heating-system transformations later, we are not only No. 1 in heating system construction, but have also made a lasting difference to the heating market. We are the pioneer and innovation leader in the digitalisation of the trade. The basis for this is the resourceful teamwork of our tech, marketing, sales, development, IT and HR experts. With passion and verve, they fulfill our vision of <2° (less than two degrees).
What we offer
- A permanent contract with a solid base salary
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work in your home / mobile office up to 3 days a week
- 30 days of annual paid leave as well as paid educational leave incl. a conference budget
- The chance to become a full stack engineer and a polyglot developer
- A great career track in Berlin’s “hottest” startup
- Meaning – Our work has a direct impact on the German energy market
- Freedom to contribute to open source projects
Our Python based backend is the backbone of our Germany wide operation and key to the digitization of the energy business. It’s an enterprise-grade application which connects our own services to third party platforms like Salesforce. The code base is written in Python 3 and our entire stack is up to date. Our main data store is PostgreSQL. Our business is constantly growing and changing. New feature requests or requirement changes may emerge every day. As a result, we build software that is highly maintainable to satisfy those needs.
Your job will be to work in small teams on independent projects alongside your non technical colleagues. You will analyze our business needs and implement solutions while maintaining a high quality standard and developing at startup speed. You will have the freedom to use any tools and resources to achieve your goals. Our team of more than ten experienced engineers will support you to reach your full potential.
You can find out more about our software engineering team at: https://thermondo.github.io/
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications with Python
- Significant experience with the Django framework
- Experience with other web technologies/frameworks is a plus
- Comfortable building user centered features and communicating directly with the users
- Hands on experience with automated tests
- Familiarity working in cross-functional teams
- Experience building mobile REST-APIs
- Experience with asynchronous task execution (e.g. Celery)
- Experience with Heroku is a plus
- A feeling of pride and ownership for your products
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
If this is exactly the challenge you're looking for? We look forward to getting to know you!
Gute Gründe für Thermondo
Das ist genau die Herausforderung, nach der Du suchst? Wir freuen uns darauf, Dich kennenzulernen!